Serving size : 1tsp (6gr)
Bag of 100gr (3.52 oz ) servings per container : 17
Bag of 250gr (8.81 oz ) servings per container : 42
Bag of 400gr (14.10 oz ) servings per container : 67
Bag of 600gr (21.16 oz ) servings per container : 100
Bag of 800gr (28.22 oz ) servings per container : 133
Bag of 1500gr (52.91 oz ) servings per container : 250
The chios mastic powder or large tears resin I have posted on my store is 100% natural unprocessed.
That it why it may have a very very small traces of chios mastic tree trunk inside.
A traditional herbal medicine for dyspeptic problems, skin inflammation and healing of dermal wounds.
Also it contributes to oral hygiene as chewing gum, skin regeneration and it relieves stomach disorders and diseases of the digestive system.
Of course when the tears grind and become powder, it can been used at pastry, to make ice cream, rice pudding, cakes ,etc,etc.
Storage : Keep it in a cool & dry place
A Small Tip
The tears resin depending on the temperature is softer in summer and harder in winter.
Also during the summer with high tempratures the powder could be sticking.
If any is stuck, put in the freezer for a few hours and then tap the plastic jar on a hard surface and will once again become powder.
Some Ideas For Cooking
Add to bread, cookies, jams, cake, meatballs, shrimp.
It can also be used in order to aromatize custards, ice-cream, panna cotta, ravani, brioche, biscuits and bread.
Materials For Ice Cream Kaimaki
500ml heavy whipping cream,500ml fresh cows or goat whole milk,180gr sugar,25gr pure salep powder,10gr chios mastic
- Mix the chios mastic powder with 50gr of the sugar we will use, until they become powdered sugar.
- Put in a half cup milk the pure salep powder and use a small blender to melt it.
- Also in an another half cup milk put the powdered sugar ( look first step )and use a small blender to mix well or put it in the pot with the milk and mix there).
- Pour the remaining milk in a pot to warm but not hot.
- When warm, add the milk with pure salep ( second step ) and the milk with mastic ( third step ) and mix vigorously with wire. It is very important to mix and beat the mixture with wire during manufacturing, not to clot and prevent sticking.
- Add the sugar, heavy whipping cream and continue stirring vigorously with wire.
- Boil over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, always stirring and beating with wire.
- Remove from the heat and when the mixture get in room temperature put it in the ice cream maker to freeze.
- If we do not have ice cream maker machine freezing put the mixture in the refrigeration at least 6 hours and every half hour hit to freeze and do not make little crystals, a total of 3-4 times.
Loyalty Reward Points
Get 1 point for every 1$ you spend on product.
For the shipping cost you will not reward with points.
In every order, we will be sending the total points you have earned until that moment.
When you reach 100 points we will reward through paypal a discount of 1$
If you have remaining points, will be added to your next orders until again reach the 100 points and get the new reward of 1$ through paypal.